starting pickup on time

Go down

Re: starting pickup on time

Post  Lisa Grigg on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:13 am

Music to my ears. Want to know what a perfect day of ultimate entails for me? A game that starts on time.
Lisa Grigg

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

starting pickup on time

Post  Jon Price on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Lately our pickup games have been getting started later and later (yesterday we started an hour late). I know that pickup isn't practice, and that attendance isn't even mandatory, but I wonder if people are purposefully arriving late because they know about "ultimate time". My main concern is for new players who come out and are discouraged by low numbers at or near our scheduled start time. However, I think that a few veteran players are starting to get annoyed as well.
I know that we are all busy with with work deadlines, babysitter troubles, catching up on our sleep, and fooling around with Bill's mom, but it seems like there are enough core players to compensate for for the occasional late arrival.
I don't know if this a valid complaint -- it might just be the way things are and I'm going to have to learn to deal with it. But, maybe we could all make an attempt to get things started on time. Or, everyone can just tell me to S.T.F.U. and deal with my O.C.D. on my own time.
Jon Price

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum