Team Forums?

Go down

Thanks, Rich

Post  Ian Ferguson on Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:37 am

You're in the Admin group now. You should see a administrative panel link at the bottom. I also made you a moderator on this forum. I haven't done much of this kind of thing yet. I was thinking I'd do stuff as needed, mostly, but not for any reason, so feel free to assign moderators and stuff, too.
Ian Ferguson

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-01-15

View user profile http://www.happen.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Forums?

Post  Rich Coker on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:49 am

Ian Ferguson wrote:Not sure why we'd need it to be private, unless we want to talk team strategy, and prevent opponents from learning our plans. I'm kind of hoping we do get sub-forums for various groups at least, with volunteer moderators for each.

Private forums are useful to keep the number of posters limited to those actually on the team. Perhaps not as much for the Oly team, but if the youth/college initiatives take off, it'll be useful to have private boards so there aren't a dozen forums cluttering up the main page and people cross posting their comments where others are trying to talk about their own teams.

Ian Ferguson wrote:Do you have time to set some up? I think we should keep it simple to start, but if you feel like to getting into it, let me know and I'll add you to the Admin group.

Sure, of course.
Rich Coker

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sub forums

Post  Ian Ferguson on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:20 pm

I thought I'd look into that if anyone requested it. I think we can set up sub-forums with specific login requirements, if we decide we want that. Not sure why we'd need it to be private, unless we want to talk team strategy, and prevent opponents from learning our plans. I'm kind of hoping we do get sub-forums for various groups at least, with volunteer moderators for each.

Do you have time to set some up? I think we should keep it simple to start, but if you feel like to getting into it, let me know and I'll add you to the Admin group.
Ian Ferguson

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-01-15

View user profile http://www.happen.net

Back to top Go down

Team Forums?

Post  Rich Coker on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:05 pm

Ian, I'm unfamiliar with this forum software, but is it possible to have private usergroups and forums for teams? i.e. one that only members of 'O' could use, or members of the Evergreen team, the pickup committee, etc.
Rich Coker

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Forums?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum